StudioRIP is a computer program used in the pre-press and other industries. RIP is an abbreviation of Raster Image Processor. The function of a RIP is to receive high level vector image data (such as Postscript, PDF, PCL, HPGL), convert it into low level raster image data (typically high resolution, halftoned monochrome bitmaps), and then output it using a raster device (imagesetter, CTP, inkjet printer, laser printer, laser gravure device etc.).
StudioRIP offers a lot more than just interpreting and rasterizing Postscript and PDF files:
- advanced job management
- on-screen preview
- media saving
- ink duct control
- remote control, etc.
StudioRIP is used with:
- CTP (Computer to Plate) devices, producing offset plates
- imagesetters, producing films for offset, flexography, serigraphy etc.
- inkjet printers with film, producing inkjet films for flexography, serigraphy etc.
- inkjet printers with paper, producing high quality colour output
- proof printers, producing contract quality proofs
- laser gravure devices, etc.
StudioRIP can be tailored for all needs…
StudioRIP Editions for all available editions
StudioRIP Options for all available options
Download StudioRIP to download the latest official release
StudioRIP is packaged in an attractive box with a CD, dongle and a perfect bound copy of the manual.